WEBINAR – DEMYSTIFYING SEX WORK Jan 27th, 2023
This class is intended for educators, social workers, and mental/health care providers, but is useful for any person who wants to understand sex work and how to prevent exploitation of Sex Workers, and to reduce harm and discrimination among many peoples. I’m honored to be teaching for ISEE and providing tools to earn AASECT CEs.
Friday, January 27, 2023
7:00 PM-9:00 PM ET
You must attend the entire session for credit. Closed Captioning is available.
How do current laws and practices endanger people working sexual labor? What are the differences between consensual, legal and criminalized labor, and forced or coerced labor and human trafficking? Learn how misinformation about sex work and sex trafficking directly harms and stigmatizes people in all walks of life.
- Have a basic understanding of various types of consensual sex work.
- Have a working knowledge of concepts and arguments about sex work – as an effective advocate if you so choose.
- Identify anti-sex work organizations that pretend to be advocates for anti-traffickin
g – but create more harm to all populations.
t 1-3 reasons why people often do not report doing sex work.
- Identify 3-5 harmful impacts of misinformation about sex work.
- List 1-3 methods of Reducing stigma, discrimination, and harm.
AASECT CORE KNOWLEDGE AREA: Socio-cul
Completion of this program does not ensure or guarantee AASECT Certification. For further information, please contact email@example.com.