Sex Education Resources
- SubRosaPDX – Venue owned by dominatrixes, available for event rental, and which offers regular classes and workshops by registration.
Vida Integrative Clinic – Salem Oregon – A holistic and medical clinic that keeps sexual health in mind of your whole-body health.
Dr. Evelin Dacker – Our sex-positive doc with an upcoming TedX talk, learn about her discussion model for discussing your status, turn-ons, and more.
Q Center – An LGBTQI-focused event and education center.
SARC Oregon – Sexual Assault Resource Coalition offers counseling, case management, hotline support, and other services.
Oh Joy Sex Toy – Portland comic Erika Moen offers sex education books and comics on a variety of topics.
The Dougy Center for Grief has a lot of valuable resources for those who are currently grieving, and for those wanting to support adults or children after a death.
Chicory Counseling – Therapy for individuals and couples by queer, biracial provider Halle Thomas in Portland, sex-worker friendly too.
- Attunement Psychotherapy – Therapy for groups, individuals, and couples by trauma-informed Margaret King, sex worker friendly too.
- Transgender History by Susan Stryker – Teaches concepts, civil rights and covers transness in American history from the 19th century to today.
- Let’s Talk About It: The Teen’s Guide to Sex, Relationships and Being a Human by Erika Moen and Matthew Nolan
- The Deviant’s War: The Homosexual vs the United States of America by Eric Cervini – Gives a storytelling take on legislation and anti-gay practices in the last century.
- The Sex Lives of African Women: Self Discovery, Freedom, and Healing – A collection of stories from African-descended women around the world, included trans and sex working women, edited by Nana Darkoa Sekyiamah.
- Sex Worker Syllabus – A massive list of books, categorized by topic and focus compiled by Heather Berg, PJ Patella Ray, and Angela Jones.
- Break Through The Breakup by Erin Davidson, RCC, MA – A guide to mending loss and healing grief, and building healthy practices for a new you.
- The Ultimate Guide to Threesomes by Stella Harris – Offers practical advice and etiquette for first timers and all folks, as well as personal stories from the author.
- Bang! – Vic Liu’s book on masturbation is disability-centered and inclusive for all genders.
- Thriving in Sex Work – Former sworker Lola Davina’s uplifting guide of practices and tips to maximize your income, and to manage your safety and self-care is invaluable.
- Sex Work Matters – A resource guide for any researcher or sex worker or civilian who wants more study-driven data and info on sex work.
- Girl Sex 101 – For cis and trans women and the people who love them and love to give them pleasure.
- Tongue Tied: Untangling Communication In Sex, Kink, and Relationships – Written by sex coach Stella Harris, uses simple language to help with complex and common issues.
- Fucking Trans Women – A great big zine written by Mira Bellweather, by-and-for trans women, to teach you about bodily functions and concepts that trans people and their partners might encounter.
- Sex Is A Funny Word: A Book About Bodies, Relationships And YOU – A widely recommended children’s sex-ed book.
- Cleis Press – A longtime sex-positive publisher of erotica, especially for the LGBTQ reader.
- SM 101 – Jay Wiseman – The best book for BDSM beginners AND “experts.”
- The Ethical Slut by Janet Hardy – This is a necessary book if you have non-monogamy questions.
- Opening Up by Tristan Taormino – If you’re wanting a primer for non-monogamy.
- Modern Sexuality by Dr. Aaron Michael – Easy reading and radical information.
- Perv by Jesse Bering – Elle loves this book.
- The Ultimate Guide to Sex and Disability by Silverberg, Odette & Kaufmann – Referred to Elle by Joli Hamilton.com
- The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman – Orchid swears this will improve your partner-communication.
- Brave Spaces LLC – Counseling and teletherapy for LGBTQIA+ people of all ages.
- SWAN Vancouver – Works to support rights, health & safety of im/migrant women engaged in indoor sex work through front-line service & systemic advocacy.
- Among-Friends.Org – A Portland based social-sexual support services organization, specializing in working with people whoh experience intellectual and/or developmental diversity, learning disabilities, mental health issues, and trauma.
- Dr Bianca Laureano – How Do We Hold Each Other Accountable When We Mess Up?
- Amaze.org – A new website for parents and teens seeking sexuality information.
- SPFPP.org -A herpes resource website for folks looking to learn more information in shame-free environments.
- Sex Positive Families – A major hub for parenting resources.
- Portland Bad Date Line – A compiled report of violence upon sex workers (via Facebook), updated monthly.
- SIECUS.ORG – The Sexuality Information Education Council of the United States is a great master resource.
- Scarleteen.com – A website that is built for teens and adolescents, but great for curious bodies and brains of all ages.
- MaleSurvivor.org – A resource for male survivors of sexual violence.
- JoliHamilton.com – This lady has even more resources for in-depth Jungian-based psychology practices that can strengthen your relationships with self and others, and just great sex education resources.
- OMGYes.com – Compiled studies and stories of women’s nuances sexuality and sexual responses, this site is a handy tool for women or couples looking to expand their knowledge around her intimate workings.
Oregon Sex Workers Committee (OSWC) – Comprised of current and former sex workers, and survivors of exploitation or incarceration in Oregon and around the world, we work to reduce harm and increase human rights through direct action, and community (zoom) meetings.